Everyone can take simple actions that have a powerful impact! Together, we can distinguish MIT as a place of respect even as the world around us is divisive.
Pledge to try one or more of these things, and show others you care by wearing the MindHandHeart pin!
Learn from others with different backgrounds
- Check out Mondays in the Chapel– or listen to past events
- Apply to be an Addir Fellow (students only)
Meet new people over lunch
- Check out MIT Connect
Learn to interrupt perhaps unintentionally hurtful comments
- Read MIT’s active bystander strategies
Check your preconceived notions– we all have them!
- Check out this implicit bias training from Harvard
Broaden your social media
Connect with MIT Reads
- Learn about books we can all read and discuss together
Reconnect with your own faith tradition or explore your beliefs:
- Connect with MIT's chaplains