MIT's annual Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Week is March 11-15, 2024!
At MindHandHeart, we define kindness as being caring, respectful, inclusive, supportive, considerate, and doing good things for others.
RAK Week is an opportunity for our entire campus community to come together through spontaneous acts of generosity (called "RAK Hacks") and loosely planned events. It is a chance to intentionally practice kindness during the week and inspire kindness all year round. We invite you to join us and Spread the Heart across MIT!
Ways to Participate in this year's RAK Week
- Pick up RAK Week swag: swag will be available at all MIT Recreation Member Services and Fitness Desks and Physical Education & Wellness Courses
- Individual acts of kindness to your community members
- Writing thank you cards
- Giving out flowers to those you appreciate on campus
- Create your own “RAK Hacks”
- Attend RAK Week events
- Connect with support resources on campus
- Follow the RAK Week action on MindHandHeart's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at #MITRAK
MindHandHeart RAK Week Events:
Monday, March 11
- Boston Chair Massage will be providing 10-minute chair massages in the lobby of Building 13 from 10am–2pm. Sign up in advance to make sure you get your spot. (Registration link TBA.)
Tuesday, March 12
- Stop by Hockfield Court between 10am–2pm to say hello to alpacas and other furry friends at the RAK Week petting zoo!
Wednesday, March 13
- MindHandHeart will be handing out sweet treats in Lobby 10 between 11-1.
Thursday, March 14: Pi Day!
- Celebrate Pi Day with MindHandHeart and the Office of the First Year! MHH and OFY will be handing out Table Talk pies to the entire MIT Community from 10am–2pm (or until supplies run out) in the lobby of Building 13. Grab a pie, hang out with your friends, and get a picture with Tim the Beaver!
Friday, March 15
- Take part in a free virtual class offered by DAPER! Class times and links TBA.