MIT's annual Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Week is March 13-17, 2023!
At MindHandHeart, we define kindness as being caring, respectful, inclusive, supportive, considerate, and doing good things for others.
RAK Week is an opportunity for our entire campus community to come together through spontaneous acts of generosity (called "RAK Hacks") and loosely planned events. It is a chance to intentionally practice kindness during the week and inspire kindness all year round. We invite you to join us and Spread the Heart across MIT!
Ways to Participate in RAK Week
- Individual acts of kindness to your community members
- Writing thank you cards
- Giving out flowers to those you appreciate on campus
- Create your own “RAK Hacks”
- Attend RAK Week events
- Connect with support resources on campus
- Follow the RAK Week action on MindHandHeart's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at #MITRAK
MindHandHeart RAK Week Events:
Monday, March 13
- Free Virtual Barre class, courtesy of MIT Recreation. On Zoom at 6pm (link: https://mit.zoom.us/j/91921046522).
Tuesday, March 14: Pi Day!
- MindHandHeart and the Office of the First Year will be handing out Table Talk pies to undergraduates from 10am–2pm in the lobby of Building 13. President Sally Kornbluth will also be in attendance, along with other members of MIT's senior leadership and Tim the Beaver.
Wednesday, March 15
- Stop by the MindHandHeart office in 10-110 to grab some snacks and swag. Fill out a postcard and send some kindness across campus.
- Join the MIT Running Club as they host a group run around Cambridge! Two pace groups (8:30 & 9:30 min/mi) will leave campus at 3:30pm for a three-mile loop around the Esplanade. Meet at 3:25pm outside the Z-Center (on the Kresge side). Rain or shine!
Thursday, March 16
- Stop by Hockfield Court between 10am–2pm to say hello to alpacas and other furry friends from Pine Meadow Farm!
Friday, March 17
- Wake up with a free virtual Mat Pilates or Wake Up & Stretch class, courtesy of MIT Recreation. Mat Pilates is from 7–7:30am, and Wake Up & Stretch is from 7:30–8am, both on Zoom (link: https://mit.zoom.us/j/91921046522).
- Boston Chair Massage and DAPER massage therapists will be providing 10-minute chair massages in the lobby of Building 13 from 10am–2pm. Sign up in advance (link to registration here) or drop in for your massage.
- Free Outdoor Bootcamp, courtesy of MIT Recreation. Meet at the Steinbrenner Stadium/Track near the Zesiger Center. Bring water and wear layers.